6/26/08

One upping LibraryThing


I have told a few people about this already, and they liked it: zoomii.

It basically makes Amazon like a bookstore. Browse by clicking and dragging. Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in or out. Click on a book to see whether it is in stock, how much it is, and add it to a shopping cart or wish list (requires an account to do so).

Someone has mentioned (and others are probably testing out the idea right now) doing the same thing with OPAC search results. While I wouldn't consider it a must have option, still, it's pretty cool, and a fun way to virtually browse the shelves for what you want.

By the way, it didn't show the books I wanted, but I found them by doing a search. It says the books I want aren't currently available, so I put them on a wish list. I'm waiting to see what happens with that. I wonder if the wish list feature could be configured, working with an OPAC, as a "place hold" request?

No comments: